- Auto-lock function (which is activated whenever the operator lets go of the handle) and a panic brake which is not overly sensitive in normal use.
- Double safety locking mechanism. When loaded, the side plates cannot be rotated open due to the positioning of the carabiner and the push button ‘click-lock’ safety closure.
- Easy to attach/detach from rope without detaching from the operator’s harness
- Can be used for smooth ascending or for emergency hauling (when used as part of a 2:1 ‘Z-rig’).
- Compliant with NFPA G and ANSI Z359.4 for the fire/rescue and tower climber markets which use 1/2” ropes.
- Rated load of 240kg, making it a true Work/Rescue Descender. The minimum user weight for these devices is 60kg.
ISC D5 Work & Rescue Descender
The D5 is a double-stop descender with an auto-lock function (which is activated whenever the operator lets go of the handle) and a panic brake which is not overly sensitive in normal use. The D5 is compliant with NFPA G and ANSI Z359.4 for the North American Fire/Rescue and Tower Climber markets which typically use 1/2” ropes.