In order to use this service please send your cams to us at:
Aspiring Safety Attn: Re-sling Department 340B Wilsons Road Waltham Christchurch 8023
The service takes 2-3 days we will then return your cams to your return address provided. Inside your package include a phone number so we can call when done to get a credit card number to charge.
- Double or single cam sling extenders. Some cams, such as the old Camalots with a cast head) may be limited to single loop slings based on the design.
- Variety of colours. We do our best to match up colours with the original cam slings or what you request feel free to label the cams or send us a note with what you would like and we will endeavour to make it happen.
- 13mm Dyneema webbing.
- Strength rating 22kN (please note this is the strength of the sling only your cam may be rated less).
Shipping Information – Important
- We recommend completing and attaching the following form to the outside of your parcel.
- After you send them let us know the tracking # (if applicable) and your contact info.
Depending on the address we currently use Castle Parcels or Courier Post for shipping in New Zealand.
- Return Shipping Costs
- Urban Addresses – $5.70 incl. GST
- Rural Addresses – $10.90 incl. GST
If you would like a certain colour on each cam please label prior to sending. See above for current colour options as they do change from time to time. If no labels are found we typically try to match the existing sling colour.
Dyneema Sling Colours
- 10mm Dyneema – Orange, Red (for small hexes only)
- 13mm Dyneema – Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple, Black
Sling Style & Material
By default we now sew any “cable loop” style cams using the BD double layer method. We’re still happy to stich them with double loops if requested but will double check before doing any work. For tricams we typically try to match the length, width and style of the existing slings.
Nylon slings are also possible but we are a bit more limited on the available colours:
- 16mm Tubular Nylon – Green, Blue, Purple
- 20mm Flat Nylon – Gold, Blue, Red
Hexes too small to be threaded with 13mm Dyneema will use 10mm instead. This has the same strength rating when tested to the requirements of EN 566.