In order to use this service please send your cams to us at:
Aspiring Safety Attn: Re-sling Department 1/6 Burdale Street Riccarton Christchurch 8011
Once we receive the cams it usually takes 2-3 days to re-sling. When complete we will email you a link to pay online via credit card or PayPal. There is no need to pay before sending us your gear. Inside your package please include a phone number, email address, and return shipping address.
- Single or double (extendable) slings available. Single slings, if applicable, will always use the BD double layer method to increase the strength against wire loops. Some cams, such as the old Camalots with a cast head) may be limited to single loop slings based on the design.
- Variety of colours.
- We do our best to match up colours with the original cam slings, please leave your current slings on there so we can match or label each sling with the desired colour.
- 13mm Dyneema webbing.
- 16mm Nylon webbing is also available upon request
- Strength rating 22kN (please note this is the strength of the sling only your cam may be rated less).
Shipping Information – Important
If you’re shipping cams from Australia please read through the page & form on our AU website instead.
- We recommend completing and attaching the following form to the outside of your parcel.
- After you send them let us know the tracking # (if applicable) and your contact info.
Depending on the address we currently use Castle Parcels or Courier Post for shipping in New Zealand.
- Return Shipping Costs
- Urban Addresses – $5.70 incl. GST
- Rural Addresses – $10.90 incl. GST
If you would like a certain colour on each cam please label prior to sending. See above for current colour options as they do change from time to time. If no labels are found we typically try to match the existing sling colour.
Dyneema Sling Colours
- 10mm Dyneema – Red, Orange, Light Blue, Black (for small hexes only)
- 13mm Dyneema – Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple, Black, Grey (New!)
Sling Style & Material
By default we now sew any “cable loop” style cams using the BD double layer method. We’re still happy to stich them with double loops if requested but will double check before doing any work. For tricams we typically try to match the length, width and style of the existing slings.
Nylon slings are also possible but we are a bit more limited on the available colours:
- 16mm Tubular Nylon – Green, Blue, Purple
- 20mm Flat Nylon – Gold, Blue, Red
We do not offer a re-sling service on DMM Mambas.
Hexes too small to be threaded with 13mm Dyneema will use 10mm instead. This has the same strength rating when tested to the requirements of EN 566.
Return Freight to New Zealand
Return freight is billed at cost and is usually between $5 and $15 depeding on the size of the shipment and destination.
Lost Return Packages / Insurance
We have yet to see any return shipments go missing 🤞 and hopefully we never will but just in case here’s what your gear is covered for. By default shipments are covered for a maximum of $2000. Please note that as we are returning used gear we have no say in what Courier Post will value the gear at. More information on the amount covered can also be found in the CourierPost terms and conditions