- Compact ascender with excellent grip.
- Can be used for rope ascent on a fixed line or as progress capture in a hauling system.
- Toothed cam with self-cleaning slot optimizes performance under any conditions (frozen or muddy ropes…).
- Stainless steel cam has better resistance to corrosion.
- Lower attachment hole large enough for two carabiners (lanyard and foot loop).
- Upper connection hole for guiding the rope.
Petzl Basic AscenderAscendersHardware
The BASIC is a compact ascender that fits well in the hand for rope ascents. The lower attachment hole is large enough to accept carabiners for the lanyard and the footloop.