- Designed for experienced users:
- Hand motions are the same as with classic belay systems: both hands on the rope. A fall is stopped by tightening the hand on the free end of the rope.
- May be optimally used on all 9.4 to 10.3 mm dynamic single ropes (possible for 8.9 mm to 11 mm ropes).
- Diagrams for rope installation engraved on belay device (interior and exterior).
- Compact and very light at 170 g.
- Assisted braking: during fall arrest, the belayer holds the brake side of the rope, the cam pivots and pinches the rope, increasing the braking action until the rope stops sliding.
- The GRIGRI 2’s design allows for better descent control. One hand holds the rope and the other uses the handle to unlock the cam. The patented handle design allows a very gradual release of the rope.
Petzl GriGri Belay DeviceBelay DevicesHardware
Belay device with assisted braking, optimized for 9.4 to 10.3 mm ropes.