The click-up mode (Hand assisted braking) allows:
- belaying a lead climber on multi pitch sport climbing routes (bolted);
- self-locking abseiling, using the folding handle;
- absolute safety, even if the rope is incorrectly inserted.
The dynamic mode (Manual braking) allows:
- belaying a lead climber on alpine route or ice climbing (friends, nuts and pitons);
- braking friction with “V” grooves, similar to a tube device;
- abseiling with “V” grooves brake.
The guide mode allows:
- independent and self-locking belaying of one or two seconding climbers;
- possibility of gradual releasing of a second under tension, by placing a biner in the proper hole.
The Alpine Up is supplied and must be used with the proper carabiner that prevents the possibility of the cross loading.