- Three different braking positions to select from before beginning a descent.
- Two extra friction spurs allow friction to be varied during descent.
- A carabiner with a cross section of around 12mm provides a tight fit in the small hole, creating a “rigid” carabiner / descender unit.
- Stays attached to the harness during rope insertion, to help prevent loss.
- Reduces the risk of leverage on the carabiner gate due to poor positioning.
- The PIRANA helps prevent the formation of a lark’s head hitch around the body and reduces rope twisting, without decreasing braking friction.
|CT Small D-Shape Carabiners||KOSA3, KOWA3, KOSA4, KOSA5||Not Recommended||Too Loose|
|CT Standard D-Shape Carabiners||KOSA1, KORA4, KOWA1||Good||Tight Fit|
|CT Snappy Series – HMS||KHSA1, KHRA1, KHSA4||Good||Tight Fit|
|CT Pillar & Pillar Pro Series – Ovals||KVSA1, KVWA1, KVRA1||Great||Perfect Fit|
|CT Concept Series – HMS||KHSA2, KHSA3, KHSA9, KHRA3, KHRA5||Not Recommended||Too Tight|