- Three different braking positions to select from before beginning a descent.
- Two extra friction spurs allow friction to be varied during descent.
- A carabiner with a cross section of around 12mm provides a tight fit in the small hole, creating a “rigid” carabiner / descender unit.
- Stays attached to the harness during rope insertion, to help prevent loss.
- Reduces the risk of leverage on the carabiner gate due to poor positioning.
- The PIRANA helps prevent the formation of a lark’s head hitch around the body and reduces rope twisting, without decreasing braking friction.
Petzl PiranaHardwareFigure 8s
The PIRANA descender offers multiple braking options and can be installed on the rope without removing it from the harness. Designed for use with canyoning descent techniques.